Hey there! Below are some points explaining what to do and expect after a laser spine procedure.
1. You will spend 30 minutes to 1 hour in the recovery room.
2. You will need to arrange transportation home from another person
3. Keep the wound site dry and clean at all times. In most cases we will be using absorbable sutures will not need to be taken out. Expect some increasing of pain and soreness but will subside gradually from 7-14 days. In most instances, we will recommend keeping the area of the surgery dry for 10 days.
4. Notify the office if there is localized swelling, edema, bleeding or severe localized pain or report immediately to the emergency room.
5. Notify your report to the emergency room immediately if there is progressive or severe numbness or if there is fever or chills or unusual severe pain.
6. You should apply ice periodically on the treatment area 1-2 hours per day.
7. Plan on bedrest with gentle stretching for 3 days. Limit sitting or walking to less than 30 minutes at a time.
8. Limit driving, bending, twisting and lifting of weights of 10 pounds for 3 days.
9. prescription medication for anti-inflammatory or pain conditions may be prescribed for upto 30 days.
10. plan on a slow return to your normal routine.
Disclaimer: Individual spine condition, treatment and recovery times may vary. Each patient experience with minimally invasive spine surgery will differ. Any procedure involves some level of risk. If directed to pursue surgery by your physician, prompt action is advised as waiting may decrease efficacy of this surgical treatment. Postoperative instructions vary from patient to patient. Follow your doctor's advice. Paid endorsements for Datta Endoscopic Back Surgery and Pain Center may not be for typical results. The opinions expressed in patient testimonials are by patients only; they're not qualified medical professionals. These opinions should not be relied upon as, or in place of, the medical advice of a licensed doctor or other healthcare provider.